Wednesday, March 30, 2011

so many changes in so little time

I can't believe that next week my little lady is going to be 2 months old!  I seriously don't know where the time has gone!  When I look at her everyday, I see so many different changes.  She's starting to recognize her daddy and me, she smiles all the time, she's very chatty, her face seems to get chubbier and chubbier by the second!  I know she's on the verge of laughing any day now!

When I look back to how my life has changed in the past 2 months there are just too many changes to count.  But when I look back to how my life has changed in the past year, there are a million more changes to consider.  For instance, the month of March used to be, well, a blur for my friends, husband and me!  We'd celebrate my hubs' birthday, Mardi Gras, Arch Madness and St. Patty's Day...all which included a not so healthy amount of booze...then in April, we'd have a funeral for our livers and then there was a rebirth of our livers just in time for Cinco de  Mayo.  When I think about this summer, I get so excited about all the things I'll get to do with my little lady, but a part of me is also sad that my summers will probably never be the same again.  There have been so many great memories of watching the Cards play from our "crack seats" and annoying the hell out of people at Paddy O's before AND after the game.  Taunting/screaming at/heckling Cubs fans during the Cards/Cubs series (CUBS SUCK...SINCE 1908!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).   Basically, on Friday night, we'd booze it up with a ton of Bud Light (we would avoid any open flames because we would probably catch on fire) and then sweat it out at Paddy O's and then treat ourselves to some late night/early early morning Taco Bell...and then do it all over again the next day for the Saturday afternoon game.  This might not sound like a fun time to most of you, but it's been some of my most fun summer moments that I've ever had.  I realize that my life isn't over because I had a baby, but it certainly will never be the same again.  I mean, can you see me heckling Cubs fans while my baby is sitting in the Baby Bjorn??  Actually, don't answer that because I could totally see me doing that...  I guess my point is, I wouldn't change my past summers for anything...and I'm sure I'll wish I could have some of those summers back.  But at the same time, I can't wait to start spending my summers with Violet and doing fun things with her.  I already can't wait to see her in her little bikini...and mama might have a margarita or two while sitting by the pool!



Mel and me doing what we do...which is to steal random stranger's bar props and using them for our own photo opp...

These towels were later used at Paddy O's for 'Bud Light sweating out of our pores' towels...

No green beer or Irish car bombs for me this St. Patty's Day, but I was more than happy to spend it with my not-so-Irish looking baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment