Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Violet...

Today, you are a month old and I can't remember what life was like before you were here.  When I look back to the day you were born, I am amazed at how much you've changed and all the new things you do everyday.  But I'm most amazed at how much I love you more and more everyday...because I think there is no possible way I could love you more than the day before, but my love for you just seems to grow and grow.
Some of the things you've done in the first month of being my daughter:
--In the first 2 weeks of being here, you just mostly slept the days and nights away.  But now, you stay awake from about 8 - 10 in the morning and then again from 7 - 10 in the evenings.
--You gained 1 1/2 pounds in two weeks and grew an inch!  You are probably about 9 pounds by now.  Needless to say, you're a great eater.
--You still wear newborn sizes but are going to grow out of those in a week or so.
--You only get really angry when you're really hungry and I don't whip out the boob fast enough.
--You're a great sleeper and are hardly EVER fussy.
--You are starting to coo and make the cutest noises.
--Sometimes you make a noise that sounds like a cat.  It's weird...but cute.
--You smile in your sleep a lot and it's just the cutest thing EVER.
--You're starting to look right at me when I talk to you and it's as if you're listening and understanding what I'm saying.  You even open your mouth as if you want to tell me something.
--You love to stretch.  You could stretch for days.  I think I have a future yoga guru.
--You're going to need a hair cut soon!  You might be Katie's youngest customer...and cutest!
--You grunt a lot in your sleep.  And it's really loud.
--When you're mad, you look like your dad...which is really weird because your dad is rarely ever mad!
--You love to stare at the Hello Kitty doll that Auntie Linz got you when I change your diaper.
--You're still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed...not sure when I'll be ready to move you into your crib!
--We had our first outing today (other than a doctor's appointment) and met Daddy, Nam and Pop for lunch.  You were an angel.
--We had our first road trip this past weekend to see Grandma and Grandpa and once again, an angel.
--Everyone says that you look more and more like your dad...but I see a lot of me in you.
--When you cry, you now have tears and it breaks my heart.  
--You have beautiful long fingers and Grandma says that you'll be a great pianist someday.
--You've made Daddy and my bedtime around 9 o'clock...Candy Lane becomes Zombie Lane after 9!
--You don't really like to take a binky, but you will every once in a while.
--You're not sure what to think of bath time yet...sometimes you hate it and most of the time you're pretty zen about it.  
--We watch Teen Mom together and although I may not be the perfect mom, I know I have it more together than those girls!  
--You've changed a lot about me inside and out...and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I love you more than anything in the whole wide world.  Thanks for the most wonderful, fulfilling, beautiful, magnificent, amazing, inspiring, sensational, joyful, delightful, first month!

Love,
Mommy





Our first non-doctor appointment outing!  
This is your typical bath face...not sure what to think about bath time!  

1 comment:

  1. Soo Jin, love reading about little Violet. I remember vividly all the firsts with Connor. Wish I would have blogged in detail all the neat things he did.

    ReplyDelete