Friday, April 8, 2011

Dear Violet...

Today, you are 2 months old and you have changed so much since when I first held you in my arms...which feels like just yesterday.  It has been so much fun watching you grow and change everyday.  I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with you and watch you kick, talk, sleep and smile.  

Some of the ways you've changed since you've been 1 month old:

--You are starting to stay awake a lot more...but you still love to sleep!  
--Speaking of sleep, starting at about 5 weeks, you decided you were going to sleep through the night!  You sleep anywhere between 7-9 hours, wake up to eat, then go back down for another 2-3 hours.  For instance, last night you slept 8.5 hours straight, got up to eat, then slept for another 2.5!  You're a dream!!
--You usually get a little fussy in the evenings because you're ready for bed.
--You've been taking a good long nap in the morning and then a good long nap in the afternoon.
--You have outgrown all your newborn jammies...  :(
--Your hair is so long, it had a knot in it the other day!
--You're starting to talk so much!  The sound of your voice is music to my ears...
--I can tell you're on the verge of laughing!
--Your favorite thing to say is, "Goo."
--Your favorite place is the changing table.  You move your legs and arms like you're dancing!  It's the cutest thing!  
--You still love to stretch...and when you're doing a good stretch, you grunt really loud.  
--You burp and fart like a frat boy.
--You're trying so hard to find your digits to suck on...but you can't seem to find your thumb! Good thing your fist and/or wrist satisfies you, 
--You're still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed...I suppose we'll move you into your crib soon...but I'm not ready yet!  
--You'll be getting your first round of shots next week and I am NOT excited about it...AT ALL.  
--You weigh about 12 pounds and are 22 inches long.  
--You're getting better at taking a bottle...but you still think that breast is best!  
--Your cheeks are just so big!  And cute!!  Your Auntie Linz said that your cheeks were swallowing your lips!
--You're always so good when I take you out to lunch or dinner...hardly ever fussy!  
--When you're really mad, I'm the only one that can calm you down.  
--You always want me to hold you on my shoulder...I'm only allowed to cradle you when you're eating.  So bossy!
--You are the most chatty in the mornings.  You wake up soooo happy!  
--You still don't know what to think of bath time...you don't cry but you refuse to smile!  
--Daddy and I love taking you on walks.  
--You're still not a fan of tummy time!  
--You were baptized on March 27th and it was such a special day for us.  We had about 40 family and friends come to the baptism and to brunch...you are a very loved little lady!
--You started sitting in the Bumbo seat at 7 weeks and you love it!  
--I can already tell that you're going to have a laid back personality...but you've also got a little angry Asian in you!

You are such a blessing, my love, and I'm the happiest I've ever been.  You've changed my heart and life and it will never be the same again.  Every morning I wake up so excited to see your beautiful face.  If I'm ever down about anything, snuggling with you and feeling your sweet breath on my neck makes all my worries or sadness disappear.  Thank you for teaching me how to be patient and teaching me how to pray more.  I love you more than anything.

Love,
Mommy


I'm talkin' to you!






Loves to shake it on the changing table! Gonna change it to the dance table! All she needs are a couple of glow sticks!




2 comments:

  1. She is so precious Soo! And seriously getting cuter and cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Soo, that was so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! She looks just like you and Brad...well duh Crystal! She's growing so fast. And your photography skills are great! I want a new camera so bad.

    ReplyDelete