Tuesday, July 5, 2011

V's my Yankee Doodle Sweetheart...

It's July.  I can't believe it.  It's July, it's hot, I'm finally tan and now I'm ready for the fall.  Okay, not really, but I'm already tired of the humidity.  I thought summers used to be really hot...until I had to start lugging around a growing baby!  She may look petite, but she adds about 25 degrees to the hot temperature!  Good thing no one notices my sweaty gross face whenever Violet is with me.   

Violet's first 4th of July was absolutely perfect...because she was absolutely perfect!  We had fun swimming at Darin and Nicki's, hanging out with family and friends, and meeting Violet's future bestie, Tatum, for the first time!  It's crazy to think how much our 4th of July has now changed.  It used to be spent on the lake, soaking up the sun, soaking up some booze and stuffing our faces with 101 different types of cream cheese dips/snacks.  I can honestly say I don't miss those days!  

Violet had so much fun kicking her chubby little legs in the swimming pool!  Her dad just held her the whole time and she just smiled from ear to ear.  Her sweet little cheeks were getting pink from the heat and sun, but she never fussed all day!  She's a dream...   

Ready to show off her swimming legs!  
Such a happy baby!!
Hollywood

Can't take her eyes off the pool.  
She is seriously ready to dive right in!  
Getting used to the water.  

Just chillin' in the shallow end.  
She loved swimming with her daddy.  
Chatterbox
Time to reapply sunscreen.  
Okay!  Ready to get back in the pool!
Swim + Nap = Happy V




My parents came down for the weekend so we had fun hanging out with them!  Of course, they soaked up every second that they could with Violet.  I hardly get to hold her when they're in town!  I'm not complaining though...I get a break to get some things done and to just relax!  

Piggy back ride...Korean style!
Violet with her proud grandmas.  
A cute naked baby makes everyone smile!  

Violet got to meet her future best friend, Tatum.  Tatum's mom and I have been best friends since the second grade, so these two dumplins have no choice but to be besties!  Tatum, I hope V doesn't torture you like I tortured your mommy!  

V kind of looks guilty...like she's the reason why Tatum is crying!  

Uh oh...yep, looks like she just pinched poor Tatum!  

Love these two to pieces!!

1 comment: