Friday, July 8, 2011

Dear Violet...

You are 5 months old today!  5 months!! You are growing much too fast...but it's been so much fun watching you grow.  This past month has definitely been filled with so many changes and so many "firsts."  Your personality is sweet and yet a little sassy.  I'd say you're a perfect mix of your daddy and me...of course you get the sweet from me and the sassy from you daddy...  I didn't realize just how much you had grown until you laid side by side by your BFF, Tatum, who will be 1 month old tomorrow.  It made me so happy to know that you're growing, but also a little sad that you're no longer my little newborn baby.  (I'm seriously going to be an emotional wreck when you go to kindergarten, or when you go off to college, or when you get married!!)  
Here are some of the things you've been doing this past month:

--At your 4 month doctor's appointment, you weighed 12 pounds 9 ounces and you were 24 inches long.  You are a petite little lady, but I'm pretty sure you've gained about 5 pounds since your doctor's appointment!  At least that's what my aching back is estimating...  
--At the beginning of June, you were going through a growth spurt.  You were hungry ALL THE TIME and even started waking up at night because you were hungry.  At your 4 month appointment, I discussed with your doctor, supplementing with formula because I just couldn't keep up with your hunger!  So, for about a month, you've been drinking two 6 ounce bottles (usually one in the morning and one in the late afternoon) and then the rest of the time I've been nursing you.  It was a difficult transition for me and I felt a lot of guilt, but I figured I would feel a heck of a lot more guilty if you were starving!  And Linz reassured me that you would not turn into a serial killer because I had to supplement with formula.  I think you're a lot happier now that your belly is so full!  Plus, you've been sleeping through the night again (7:30 pm - 6 am).  So, it looks like formula will be staying in your diet!  
--You went to your first wedding in June!  It was Jami Lee's wedding and you were an angel....until it was your bedtime.  Then it was time to go home.  But it was fun and everyone was so happy to see you!
--On June 30th, you rolled over from back to belly for the first time!  You were so proud of yourself!  You only did it once that day, but then the very next day, you would not stop rolling!  Sometimes you can't easily roll back onto your back, and you get a little frustrated but you can't help yourself but roll back onto your belly!  It's so fun to watch you roll around the floor!  
--Now that you're mobile, it's a little more difficult for me to get ready!  I used to put you on our bed as I fixed my hair, but I can no longer do that.  I used to put you on your play mat in the hallway as I would take a shower, but I can no longer do that!  So, I'm adjusting to your mobility!  
--You're very squirmy now.  You're a little wiggle worm that has to constantly be moving or grabbing for something.  
--You're also a wiggle worm at bedtime now.  You used to sleep in one position on one part of the crib.  Now, I wake up to find that you've somehow pushed yourself to the the top of the crib or you've buried your face in the side of the crib.  It makes me very nervous!  
--You are ticklish.  It's so cute!  You give the biggest belly laugh when we tickle your belly.  Music to my ears.  
--You love to walk.  You pick your feet up and move forward as if you're ready to take off any time!  It's so cute!  But please don't learn to walk too fast!  
--When we read books, you try to turn the pages.  
--You had your first 4th of July celebration!  We had such a great weekend (see earlier post)!  
--You swam in a pool for the first time at Uncle Darin and Aunt Nicki's house.  You loved it.  I hope next year we can put you in a swim class.  
--I'm not sure, but I think you may be teething.  You've been whining a bit lately, which you never do.  You're really slobbery and I've noticed that your nose is a bit snottier (gross, I know).  So, I guess I'm trying to prepare myself for that big change!  
--You take an hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  I really really really really really really really hope you keep that nap schedule!!  
--You like to splash around during bath time now.  
--No matter where we're at, you are constantly looking around the room and observing everything on the walls, on the floor, on the tables, etc.  You are very curious! 
--You LOVE to be around other kids.  You love watching them and don't mind if they hold you.  I'm thinking you're going to be a social butterfly when you get older.  
--Everything you grab goes into your mouth.  EVERYTHING.  
--You are still a chatterbox.  And I love it more than anything.  

You are the happiest little baby I've ever met and I hope that never changes.  You have made your daddy and me so happy and so blessed.  Every morning, I can't wait to cuddle with you and hear you talk my ear off.  Even though I get a little sad that you're growing so fast, I think about future milestones and get excited when they're coming up!  Your daddy LOVES to show you off and take you places.  I hope you know just how proud he is of you.  Whenever he gets home from work, he can't take the smile off of his face...and it's because of you!  You bring so much joy to our lives and to our families' lives.  Thank you for teaching me how to savor and appreciate the little things in life.  I love you more than anything in the whole wide world!  

Love, 
Mommy




I don't know where she gets this curly hair from!  




Yummy.  



I love this double chin so much!!


Done taking pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment