Monday, January 10, 2011

(Almost) 30, flirty and as big as a house

In less than three weeks, I will be turning the big 3-0.  Yikes.  In about 4 weeks, I will have a baby.  Double yikes???  I never really pictured celebrating my 30th birthday sober and as big as a house!  I'm not complaining because I know it's for a good reason.  And actually, getting older doesn't bother me as much as it used to.  I find myself looking forward to the future and eager to see what it may bring.  I'm pretty sure my change in attitude has to do with this little lady growing (and kicking/flipping/hiccuping/ stretching/punching) inside of me.  In an instant, my priorities have changed and what I want for ME has changed to what I want for my family.

Not being able to have a big 30th birthday bash has been a little easier to digest because of the huge 29th birthday bash I had last year.  My friend, Erin and I share the same birthday so we did it up big...80's style! I'm pretty sure I'm STILL recovering from that party.  Just thinking about The Goonies and 16 Candles makes me a little nauseous...no...more...bright...colors...

Yes, that's a tape cassette headband...something I may pass down to V...if she's lucky...  :)

Yes, we are going to be parents soon...eek!  

So...much...blush...



Did you know Pac-man yellow icing can stain your skin??  For a couple of days???

Like I said, I'm fine with calmly and quietly celebrating my 30th birthday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment