Monday, December 20, 2010

shop til you...pop??

So, this last Friday, I went on a shopping trip to the durrrty Lou with my two friends, Brooke & Bridget.  We go on an annual Christmas shopping trip to STL every December in hopes of getting some Christmas shopping done...without killing other shoppers or getting killed, I suppose.  However, every year, it seems that my Christmas shopping list gets a little neglected by my own selfish wants and needs.  Sure, I knock a few people off of my list, but usually I'm the one that comes out on top with the most gifts!  Yeah, selfish I know...but the way I explain it to my husband is that Christmas shopping is hard work!  It's stressful and other shoppers make it a day from hell!  So, until HE decides he'll do all the Christmas shopping, I'll treat myself to a few gifts for doing all the hard work!

Well, this year was different.  Not only did I avoid some of my favorite stores because I can't fit into anything, but my focus turned out to be buying V some cute clothes!  Yes, I realize she's not even here, but if you could've seen the cute clothes they had for baby girls, you would've done the same thing!  So, not only did I not buy myself a ton a stuff, I found myself taking breaks with the grumpy old grandpas who were either snoozing away or glaring at every teenager that walked by.  (I wasn't snoozing but I did catch myself glaring at some teenagers...)  If only you could've seen me shopping in my prime back in the day.  (*sigh*)  I could shop for 12 hours, without a break, with heels on!  I'm afraid those days are long gone!  With every step I took, I felt the need to pee.  And with every pee break I took, I got thirsty.  It was a vicious, vicious cycle that never ended!  As the day progressed, I could sense a little bit (actually, probably a lot) of a waddle in my step.  I could feel my feet swelling up and a permanent scowl come across my face.  My poor friends might cut me out of the shopping trip if I'm ever pregnant again!  But all in all, I had fun shopping with my friends, buying my little lady some cute stuff and treating myself to a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!  Once Christmas is over, the countdown will really be on!  7 weeks to go!

One of my favorite outfits that I bought for V.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog its so you, I could clearly hear your voice every time I read it. This is very cute for V, are those knee pads on the tights?

    ReplyDelete