Wednesday, December 8, 2010

i love my family, friends and cake balls...

This past weekend, I was super spoiled by my friends and family at my baby shower.  Seriously, the amount of gifts that we received was ridiculous!  This lil lady is gonna be so loved and so spoiled!  My awesome friends and sister threw me the most amazing shower and I'm so completely grateful for them!  I truly believe that they're just as excited about my pregnancy as I am!  And all our friends and family that came out to the shower just put me on cloud 9.  They all sure know how to make a fat lady feel loved...

In case you're wondering, there are many differences between a baby shower and bridal shower...here are some of the biggies:
1.  Opening gifts can be a bit challenging, considering you can't bend over and you don't have a lap to put the gifts on.
2.  In the middle of opening gifts, you must have a friend fan you because you might die of a hot flash.
3.  Getting a diaper genie is way more exciting than getting fine china!
4.  The bride never really cares about eating the cake at her shower, but cake balls are the best thing that a pregnant fattie could ever indulge in!  In fact, I think I dreamt about them months prior to my baby shower...

Here are some pics from the baby shower:
These are the cake balls...but should be called cake amaze-balls!  

With the Poole ladies!

12 weeks vs 31 weeks

Love these ladies!

With Violet's grandmas.

All my favesies (minus my sissy who couldn't fly in from Boston) that threw me the most wonderful shower ever!  Love you, girlies!  

I also wanted to share some pictures from Violet's nursery.  I must admit, her room is my favorite room in the house!  Every day, I go in and open the curtains and get so excited for the day that I'll get to pick her up out of her crib and just snuggle with her!  

I just love how the curtains turned out!  


Still need to add bookshelves and floating shelves...  

Got this little guy at the shower and I just love him!  

My mother in law's friend made these for the nursery...so sweet!  



She got so many great books at the shower!  I can't wait to read them all to her!

My little Violet will have so much fun playing with her My Pal Violet!  :)

This is just a picture of her first bikini that I ordered for her!  It's so tiny and so cute!  She's going to be one adorable beach babe this coming summer!  


1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous, Soo! And the room is beautiful! Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete