Friday, August 20, 2010

whatever you do, don't forget the extra sauce

So, I kinda took a hiatus from blogging...not really because I forgot and not really because I got lazy (let's face it, I'm unemployed...I don't have anything better to do!) but I stopped because I started thinking that some of the things that I was feeling were really personal and didn't necessarily want to share with the world (aka--all 7 of my followers)... So, instead, I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a journal. Sure, I kept up with that for a bit, but I only wrote in that right before I went to sleep...and these days, as soon as my butt hits the bed, I'm comatose...unless my bladder is about to explode. So, that didn't last long either. So, here I am today...back in the blogging saddle....and I'm going to try my best to keep at it...

So, as of now, I'm almost 16 weeks pregs... We had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and we got to hear the heartbeat....well, kinda. I chugged a cup of coffee right before the appointment so when the doctor was trying to catch the heartbeat, babycakes would start doing flips and turns...so basically, I already have a stubborn baby...just like his...dad?? I told the doctor that I'm still waiting for the mythical "2nd trimester energy boost" and she laughed at me and said, "Yeah, not everyone gets that boost...you might be one of them." Right after the appointment, I went home and made a voodoo doll of the doctor. Which leads me to my next point...I think I've gone crazy (but don't you dare call me crazy or I'll shank you in your sleep). The one thing that I can't get used to with this pregnancy is the loss of control of my emotions. I've never really been a crier (a whiner and pouter, yes, but not a crier) but pregnancy = Niagara Falls of tears... A few weeks ago, the hubs was going to bring home takeout. I told him, whatever you do, DON'T FORGET THE EXTRA SAUCE. Now, I'm not trying to point fingers, but...he was a horrible husband and forgot the extra sauce. I opened my box and immediately looked for the extra sauce. When it was nowhere to be found, I left the table crying so hard as if someone had told me I'd never be a good enough dancer to make it on So You Think You Can Dance. I cried for an hour....over the missing extra sauce. And the only thing that calmed me down was my husband going and getting me Dairy Queen.... These are not actions of a sane person. I try to do breathing techniques, I try to exercise, I watch a lot of Bravo, and I read a lot of Perez Hilton...but nothing can stop the tears from coming if the sauce has been forgotten. NOTHING. Just thinking about the forgotten extra sauce is about to unleash the waterfalls right now....no one is safe...no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment