Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Little Halloweenie

My, how my Halloweens have changed!  I remember when my Halloweens consisted of dressing up like an idiot (I was never one of those girls that dressed up as something slutty...errrr, sexy), partying with Brad and some friends, and feeling hungover for the rest of the week.  Last year, we had trick or treaters but didn't go to any parties...I was knocked up and not feeling like hitting up the bars...  This year, we moved all weekend so we didn't get to do anything fun for Halloween with our little sushi roll!  That's right, I said sushi roll!  I know, I know...I had a little girl and you would've thought I would've dressed her up as a princess, or a butterfly, or a cupcake...which are ALL cute ideas and I might do someday.  But I saw this little sushi costume on etsy a couple of months ago, and I just couldn't imagine V as anything else but a little salmon roll!  

On Halloween, we only stopped by 3 places.  Since we moved out of town, we no longer get trick or treaters, so it's our job now, to take our V around to family and friends to show off how cute she is!  ;)  V's bedtime is 7:30 and Brad didn't get off work until 5, so we had a small window before she started to rub her eyes, tug on her ears and rip the hair out of my head (she likes to play (actually, pull) with my hair when she's tired).  So, we stopped by Brad's parents house, where V got to see Gibson and Jackson (they were both so cute!!) and she also got to see her Great Aunt Sue Lynn, Great Uncle Myrl, Great Aunt Janet and Great Uncle Bryce.  After that, we stopped by the Poole's house so we could see our favorite little cowboy, Connor, and then we stopped by Granny's house.  We got home at 8, put her to bed, and then I pretty much was too exhausted to move.  

All in all, it was a fun Halloween.  I know as the older V gets, the more fun they will be and maybe next year, we'll even throw a Halloween party in our new house!  Kid friendly, of course....

(The first 12 (yes, I said 12, feel free to close out this blog now) pictures were taken by my brother in law, Brian, while we were in Boston.  Thanks, Uncle B!!)




Happiest little sushi roll ever!! 











Violet with "Nam", "Pop", Jackson and Gibson


Please ignore the fact I look like crap...I've been sick for the past week...and have felt as good as I looked...yeah, pretty bad.  


My favorite little cowboy!

The cowboy cuddling up to the sushi roll.  So sweet!

Granny and Violet...V's starting to get tired and restless!  Can you see the crazy glimmer in her eye??

Yes, she's pulling Granny's hair...time to go home!!  Sorry, Granny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment