Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boston Vacay Recap

We've been back from our Boston vacation for a couple of weeks now, but it seems like I've had NO time to sit down and go through the pictures and post this blog.  We're in the process of moving, so packing, cleaning and organizing have been taking priority over blogging, Facebooking, and pinning!!  Boo...  

We had such a wonderful time and we weren't ready to come back!  The temperature was high 70s, low 80s the whole time we were there, so we tried to spent every moment we could, outside!  My sister and Brian took us to Ogunquit, Maine on Friday, we went to the Boston Gardens and Boston Commons on Saturday, church, brunch and then hanging out with the Lee's on Sunday, apple picking on Monday, and then back home to Illinois on Tuesday.  It was a jam packed trip and our little Violet was just an angel the whole time.  She was getting so much attention and she loved it!  She was definitely hammin' it up for my parents, Eemo (this means Aunt, in Korean) and Uncle B.  
I'm going to just let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
(Brian, my brother in law, is a professional photographer, so he took most of the pictures while we were there!  I don't have the files to the pictures yet, so the ones below are mostly from my iphone...obviously, not as good as the ones Brian took!  I'll post those later when he sends them to me.  But that also explains why he's not in any of the pictures below...b/c he was behind his own camera the whole time!)

Thanks to my sissy and Brian for taking us around New England and spoiling Violet with so much attention, love, gifts and yummy food!!  We miss you both so much!!!  

Violet was a little more restless on the plane this time, mainly because she's now crawling and pulling up on things.  Making her sit for 3 hours wasn't the easiest task, but she certainly was still good during both flights.  As long as she has Dinosaur's Binkit, we're good to go!  

My sissy....we're nothing alike, but she's one of my favorite people in the whole world.  

If you're ever in Maine, you MUST go to Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier.    

This is a picture from their website.  It's the coolest location to eat some fresh lobster!
Eemo and Violet having fun at Chauncey Creek.  There was a little girl there that was entertaining Violet, as well.  

Violet and Grandma at Chauncey Creek

My mom and daddy
Our 2nd New England vacation as a family of 3...the first time I was 5 months pregs w/Violet.  :)
Violet getting to see her first light house! 

After eating some fresh lobster rolls, we went up to Ogunquit, Maine and went for a beautiful hike.  Violet mostly slept in the stroller and the rest of us pretended to be on the movie, Cliffhanger.  

It was really chilly and breezy, but V was snug as a bug the whole time!  And apparently very serious....

This was at the Boston Commons.  Violet rode her first carousel ride.  In case you can't tell from the picture above, she LOVED it!

It was the MOST beautiful day to spend at the Boston Gardens.  Violet took a nap, we all went for a stroll and we even got to see a wedding take place!  The whole day was just picture perfect.  

We got to meet up with my sister's friends, and their ADORABLE son, Jacob.  

I think they're in awe of eachother...  

My happy little lady!

Still at the Boston Commons...she definitely looks like a bored diva in this picture...

Eemo took Violet to see the "Make Way for Ducklings" ducks!


I just love her face in this one.

Uh oh...looks like she doesn't like this particular duck!

Mom, my sissy and Violet

My loves and me

I'm pretty sure Violet has these 3 wrapped around her little finger!!

I'm pretty sure Violet can do no wrong in Grandpa's eyes!

Smiles all around!!

This is Violet's first time apple picking.  She napped for most of it!  




1 comment:

  1. love your post! miss you all like crazy! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete