Monday, September 19, 2011

Being Sick is Snot Any Fun!

So, we're going on day 6 of my sweet little babykins being sick.  And it totally sucks.  We've managed to keep her well for the past 7 months and with one sneeze, the poor thing caught something icky.  Real icky. This is what I've been doing these past 6 days:

1.  Wipe V's snotty nose.
2.  Slather vaseline all over her poor nose as she's shaking her head side to side to escape my fingers.
3.  Comfort her as she's screaming at me as if I've just ripped off her nose.
4.  Wash my snotty hands.
5.  Comfort her some more because she's still pissed at me.
6.  Wipe her snotty nose again because she's so angry that snot is flying out her nostrils.
7.  Suck out the snot w/the battery operated snot sucker.
8.  Put in ear plugs because now her screams are at a deafening level.
9.  Put saline drops in her nose...which end up everywhere BUT her nostrils.
10.  Wipe V's snotty nose.
11.  Slather vaseline all over her poor nose....

Okay, so you get the point.  I forgot to throw in that I've been changing my shirt at least 18 times a day because I'm covered in snot, vaseline and spit up.  I called the doctor and they told me that a cold will last about 2 weeks.  2 WEEKS?!?!  I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANOTHER WEEK OF THIS???  Not to mention, she can't breathe at night so she wakes up pissed because she thinks someone just took her nose.  Oh, and on top of being sick, she's also been crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling up on EVERYTHING, which is awesome and fun to watch her grow so much...but it also means more tears when she falls and bumps her head...which means more stress for me!

I'm pretty sure she caught this nasty cold from an infected little rugrat at Wiggles N Tunes last week.  This little brat kept coughing all over the instruments.  I kept shooting dagger eyes at the mom.  How about you not bring your kid to a place where they share toys and instruments?!  I would've loved to take V to Wiggles N Tunes this morning, but there is NO WAY I want to spread this crap to other kids!  The worst part of all is that I missed my little nephew being born last Wednesday.  I'm completely heart broken.  And the worst part of that is, I still have to wait a few more days before I can see the sweet little peanut!  V is still sick and now I've got a sore throat!  All I want to do is snuggle with the little guy!  :(

Okay, sorry for ranting and raving about this cold.  I realize it's not the end of the world, and my sweet V WILL get better, but it really is heartbreaking to see her in such misery.  She's still my happy little baby a lot of the time, but I know she doesn't feel well, which makes me feel so helpless and kind of guilty!  (The pictures I posted may seem a little deceiving because she still looks so happy and not snotty.)

Poor little babykins...  :(

Not sure how I gave birth to a curly haired baby!  



Trying to get some fresh air


Dancing hippie baby!


Even though she's sick, she got dressed up to go to the Apple Fest!  


Adorable outfit made by my friend, Ashley!  

STOP, in the name of love!  

Kind of dazed at the fest...  



Ooh!  Steph wore earrings for me to pull!  

They're so shiny and look good in my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment