Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Violet...

Today marks my first Mother's Day and your 3 month birthday.  Since my 2 month post, you've gone through so many changes and grown so much!  Your personality is starting to really show and I'm loving every bit of it!  I've been trying to get used to all the different ways you're changing and the different ways that you need me...please be patient with me, my love!

Here are some of the ways you've changed and grown since you were 2 months old:

--Right after I bragged about how you've been sleeping through the night, you decided to change up on me and sleep like a normal 2 month old!  That was a bit of an adjustment for me!  But now you're back to sleeping 6 hours straight, getting up to eat, then going back down for another 3 hours, getting up to eat, then playing for a little bit and then going back down for 1-2 hours.
--You are so very chatty!  Your favorite thing to say is still "goo" but your vocabulary is getting bigger and you're definitely finding your voice...and I love it!  Your sweet little voice is music to my ears!
--You're still extremely happy in the mornings.
--We moved you to your crib a couple of weeks ago.  You like your crib and I like you in your crib!  It was a little hard for me to make that move, but now I sleep better at night!  And I think you do too!
--You laughed for the first time 2 weeks ago.  It was the CUTEST thing ever!  Your daddy was at work so he didn't get to see/hear it, but you laughed for him the next week so all is well again in the Fager home!
--You are a mama's girl right now...
--You are constantly sucking on your digits or fist...which makes for a lot of drool!
--You're starting to lunge forward (or what I call "doing crunches") and it's the funniest thing to watch.  You lunch yourself forward but haven't learned how to lean yourself back!  So then you get stuck on your face/belly!
--Baby Einstein keeps your attention for about 15 minutes.
--We read several books a day and you love it!  You are so observant when I read to you and you just stare at the pages and take it all in.

--Your first Easter was spent in Champaign with Grandma and Grandpa and we had the best weekend!  
--Your neck and back are getting a lot stronger...even though you still don't like tummy time!  
--You're about to outgrow all of your 0-3 month clothes!  Which I'm sad about because you have some REALLY cute 0-3 month clothing!  
--You got your 2 month shots and you handled them pretty well...I think I was more nervous and upset about them than you were!  
--At your 2 month appointment, you over 11 pounds and 20.5 inches long.  You averaged 40th percentile in most of your stats.  
--You smiled for the first time during bath time a couple of weeks ago!  Yay!  No more stern face!
--Your hair is getting SO LONG!  Daddy likes to brush it towards your face after bath time and make you look like Justin Beiber...  
--You and Daddy gave me the most wonderful first Mother's Day a mommy could ask for!!

You have brought so much joy to our lives...you've shown me a level of happines, bliss and love that I didn't even know existed.  On this Mother's Day, you've also made me realize just how much more I appreciate my own mother.  Thank you for teaching me new things every single day...you teach me new things about you and you teach me new things about me.  Everyday I pray for guidance, patience and good health for our little family.  You've changed every thread of my being and I never want to go back to the way I was.   I love you, my sweet!

Love,
Mommy










No comments:

Post a Comment