Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Buh Bye, 2011...Hello, 2012!!

Could it really be possible that Christmas is over and 2011 is a complete blur??  This was, by far, the fastest that Christmas has ever come and gone for me.  I feel like every year, it passes in the blink of an eye, but this year, it literally did.  I woke up on Wednesday morning, December 21st, blinked, and now it's Tuesday, January 3rd.  Just like everyone else, our Christmas was packed with spending time with family.  We started celebrating on the 21st and didn't stop eating, I mean, celebrating, until yesterday!  

This was the best Christmas for Brad and me...thanks to Violet, of course!  She is at a really fun age right now.  She's not old enough to understand Christmas or even open the gifts by herself, but she definitely loved all the presents, all the parties and all the attention!  She walked away with a whole toy store and a whole new wardrobe.  She got so many gifts, it made me feel guilty.  Brad and I got her a mini grand piano and some other toys, along with the million toys given to her by grandparents, aunts and uncles, and I kind of wished we could take them all back and donate that money to a charity.  (Too bad we opened all the toys and she's claimed them by putting 8 layers of slobber on every square inch of the toy.)  I think next year we'll definitely get her less gifts and donate more.  

I think the best part of Christmas was seeing the happiness and joy on Violet's face as she got to see family and play with her cousins.  She's a very social baby and isn't the least bit shy and she LOVES other babies and kids.  So it was such a joy to see her excited and playful.  But another beautiful part of Christmas was seeing the joy on our family member's faces as they got to play with Violet.  This little girl brings so much joy to us and our family.  She really lights up a room with her smile and laugh.  She can make a gloomy day so bright and cheerful with one little snuggle on the neck.  I can already tell she has a good heart by the way she loves to snuggle and kiss her baby dolls.  

I remember starting 2011 with a lot of excitement, anticipation and anxiety with the upcoming birth of Violet.  This year, all I have is excitement, enthusiasm, and eagerness to see what 2012 will bring.  I've never been good at making and keeping resolutions, and I'm sure this year will be no different.  However, I want to make a solid effort to be better everyday...a better Christian, a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend...  I'm so thankful to God for all the blessings that He's given us.  I know that I need to be better at giving back to others as I have received so much in my life.  I know in order to raise a strong, kind and compassionate daughter, I have to be that example for her.  I wish nothing but happiness, contentment and gratitude for everyone in 2012!  

Violet and her Grandpa and her favorite toy...a remote control.

Giving Grandma some love...

Funniest bath face


Snuggling her doll from Eemo.  

My piano page turner
Lounging in her new chair

Best friends 
Too. Many. Gifts.

Future Juilliard student??

Nam, Violet and Pop

Can you tell she LOVES bath time??

Loves sticking her head under the faucet
First snow fall!!
Completely worn out
Present!  Whoo Hoo!!!




Violet snuggling with Natey Clause



Granny and Violet

Hey Sylvia, smell my shoe!!  


Our first Christmas as a family of 3







Connor and Santa



Thanks to my brother in law, Brian Choi, for taking the amazing pics (the first 15)!!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh man Soo, you just made me cry at work. That's so sweet. Varian and I send many blessings to you all this year and all the years to come!!!

    I have to get a baby grand so I can be like V. My mom would love to add one to her piano collection!

    ReplyDelete